Turkey, which has had a say in the defense industry until now, has reached the level of competing in the same arena as countries such as the United States, Russia, England, Germany and France, and it is unthinkable that it will not be able to stand out from these countries and have a say in the defense industry by using its geographical position superiority. These countries in question meet 76% of the world defense industry. Turkey has to compete with about 200 countries for the remaining 24%.
ARTICLE 35 OF THE TAF
INTERNAL SERVICE LAW
IN THE NATIONAL DEFENSE COMMISSION OF THE TGNA
We can say that a consensus has been reached across the country with the government and its opposition regarding the amendment of Article 35 of the Turkish Armed Forces Internal Service Law No. 211.
This article was not only used as a basis for coups by the junta, but also became an encouraging factor in the formation of coup plotters.
In its current form, “The duty of the Armed Forces is to guard and protect the Turkish homeland and the Republic of Turkey, which has been appointed by the Constitution.” this article has caused our Armed Forces to turn to internal security rather than external security, to intervene in politics, to put political powers under tutelage and to act as regime guards.
After the attack on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, the rhetoric of US President George W. Bush in his speech, "Now, every nation must decide, either you are with us or with terrorists!..." had been on global televisions for days.